Thursday, March 17, 2016

the thought process of Bad Memories

This is the thought process I used in creating Bad memories. If you compare my abstract paintings, Bad Memories book cover & book trailer you see a pattern with a common subject. Example here is two paintings I painted, they are abstract view of mental illness as I see it.

The top one is called the 2 faces of myself, the face on the left is me normally when I am on my medicine and the face on the right is me before my meds. The bottom picture is me effected by the meds and in a stoned happy place.

This is the book cover for Bad Memories it pictures a dark and dismal cell wing which is what the asylum in the book is and it is corrupt and a evil place, hence the dark and depressingly eerie setting.
Now we come to the book trailer, the images in the trailer are taken from old public domain pictures that show what the patients of the asylum in my book are treated like and the reason John Miller is no longer a doctor. Those pictures are actually true in the bad dark old days of mental health. View the trailer to see why
https://t.co/iaderh8wTO 

I suffer from several mental health issues and this book was written back in 1998/99 and I was not diagnosed till June 2006. So you see the theme of the book and the thought process in its creation.

The story behind Bad Memories also comes from the real cases of Letchworth Village and Pennhurst both asylums who abused, murdered and were cruel to their patients and were closed by a federal judge. The stories were real but made into fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment